The newest land at Legoland Florida, “Lego Friends Heartlake City” open on June 26, 2015. It is situated in the location of the former “Fresh From Florida Greenhouse” on the shores of Lake Eloise between Mini Land and Fun Town.
Geared more towards girls, Heartlake City is based on the Lego Friends brand which is centred around the lives and friendship of five girls, Andrea, Emma, Mia, Olivia and Stephanie. There are ample photo opportunities to be photographed with life-sized Lego models of the friends.
Launched in 2012, the Lego Friends range of models were designed to appeal to girls, Lego’s own version of Disney princesses.
Heartlake City features a number of rides and attractions:
- Mia’s Riding Adventure will appeal to all young girls as well as boys and adults and is billed as a “pink knuckle” ride. Up to 40 guests sit facing outwards on horse shaped seats mounted in a circle on a large disc. As the disc revolves, it also rolls back and forwards on a track that is curved upwards at each end
- Friends to the Rescue is a 20 minute musical show starring the Lego Friends where guests are encouraged to sing and dance along to the music. It runs seven times a day in the air-conditioned Heartlake Hall theatre and includes the signature “Best Friends Forever” song
- Heartlake Stepping Tones Fountain is an interactive water feature with Lego brick instruments that play real music. Stepping on interactive icons triggers the fountains
- Stephanie’s Newsroom provides a photo opportunity for guests to work at the Heartlake News Desk, located in the Magnolia Mansion building
- at the Heartlake Mall you can purchased Lego merchandise including the Lego Friends models
Lego has also introduced a new VIP Experience, the LEGO Friends Emma’s Heartlake Salon Makeover to rival Disney’s Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
Accompanied by a Lego Friend, the experience includes a hair and beauty makeover, special dress and accessories, a cupcake tea party and a professional photo shoot.
The makeover is priced at $225 per child (excluding tax and separate park admittance).
One of the room themes for the new Legoland Florida Hotel also features Lego Friends.