A company called Xero Gravity Action Sports LLC has announced plans to build a $309 million Action Sports & Entertainment Resort in Kissimmee on a 75 acre site owned by Central Florida Investments, near the intersection of U.S. Highway 192 and State Road 535.
The resort will bring together four of the most popular actions sports, namely surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding/skiing and BMX biking. It will be aimed at all action sports fans with year round professional and amateur competitions, some of which will be televised.
The resort will feature a host of both outdoor and indoor attractions including:
- 5 acre surfing pool with up to 10 foot waves and a boogie boarding area
- 25,000 square foot indoor/outdoor skateboard park
- 14-story ski and snowboard dry slope (artificial snow) mountain with nine snow-tubing lanes
- BMX race track
- 20,000 square foot indoor dodgeball trampoline arena
- two indoor sky-diving pods
- two 14-story competition water slides
- water park with lazy river and wave pool
- rock climbing walls
- zip lines and human pendulum flying
- 20 to 120 foot free fall jump zones
- challenge course with climbing, ropes and zip lines
- snowball fight arena
Alongside all the action sports facilities will be a 250 room Hyatt resort hotel with rooftop pool and bar, gymnasium, sports training facilities, swimming pools, grottos, cabanas and a spa plus sports bars, restaurants and retail space.
There are also plans for an International Action Sports Hall of Fame attraction and an outdoor 2,000 seat music and sports amphitheatre.
Courtesy of Xero Gravity Action Sports LLC
The resort is still very much in the planning stage but if approved it could open in early 2018 and it is hoped it could attract over a million guests a year.
If the project goes ahead then admission prices are expected to be in range of $35 to $95 for the day. The resort is expected to be open daily with the first couple of hours reserved for local amateur sports teams for training and practice. General operating hours would typically be between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m.