Disney Springs - Marketplace
The Marketplace is the oldest part of Disney Springs and has not changed much as part of the regeneration.
Marketplace is the go-to place for Disney goods and it is home to the world’s largest Disney character store.
Entertainment at Marketplace
There are only a couple of entertainment venues at the Marketplace:
- DJ Kids Dance Party at Waterside Stage — evening dance party for kids at the Waterside Stage. During the day there are often concerts by local school bands and orchestras.
- Marketplace Carousel — a 16 horse Venetian carousel decorated with scenes from Disney Springs. Cost is $2 per child and those under 42 inches must be accompanied by an adult (free admission).
- Marketplace Train Express — a small children’s train ride.
At Christmas you will find Santa Claus and his helpers at the Marketplace.
Dining at Marketplace
There are a couple of table service restaurants serving lunch and dinner at the Marketplace:
- T-REX — a dinosaur themed restaurant serving American cuisine surrounded by animatronic dinosaurs split into several separate themed rooms.
- Rainforest Café — a rain forest themed restaurant with animatronic cheetahs, gorillas and a tropical rainstorm. Also houses the Lava Lounge overlooking the lagoon.
Both T-REX and Rainforest Café are operated by Landry’s restaurants. Both appeal strongly to families with kids with all the animatronics and special effects.
Reservations are recommended at all the table service restaurants.
Amongst the counter service and kiosk offerings at the Marketplace are Forty Thirst Street Express, Wetzel’s Pretzels, Starbucks, Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop, Dockside Margaritas, Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express.
Shopping at Marketplace
Marketplace offers some of the best Disney shopping opportunities including:
- The LEGO Store — an amazing range of LEGO models and a fantastic display of Disney characters. Great photo opportunities with the LEGO models.
- World of Disney — the largest Disney character store in the world with gifts, clothing, jewellery, household goods, toys and much more.
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique — a beauty salon for little girls and boys (aged 3 to 12). Turn your loved one into a fairy princess or heroic knight. Prices for girls start at $59.95 plus tax.
- Marketplace Co-Op — a selection of specialist boutique stores selling new and unique Disney gifts including D-Tech on Demand
- Once Upon a Toy — the largest selection of toys and games in all of Walt Disney World
- Disney’s Pin Traders — the premier Disney pin trading location where you can buy or trade pins with other guests and cast members. Also sells MagicBands.
- Lefty’s - The Left Hand Store — Disney branded goods especially for left-handed people.
- Disney’s Days of Christmas — a Disney store dedicated to Christmas.
- The Art of Disney — buy limited edition and original Disney artwork and figurines.
- Disney Design-A-Tee — design you own tee shirt from over 400 images plus your own words and have it printed right there and then.
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique has moved from inside the World of Disney to a new location next door to Once Upon a Toy.
Other shops include Build-A-Dino by Build-A-Bear Workshop Kate & Leo, Icon Jewellery by Bico, Basin, Magic Ink Artisans, Arribas Brothers, Disney’s Photopass Studio, Pearl Factory, Tren-D, Happy Hound, Hallelujah Art, Initial Rings, Marketplace Fun Finds, LittleMissMatched, Name Works, Leather Goods, Goofy’s Candy Company, Mickey’s Pantry, The Spice & Tea Exchange and Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories.