Disney Springs - The Landing
Disney Springs The Landing is one of the two new districts introduced as part of the transition from Downtown Disney to Disney Springs and offers some great new eating venues as well some interesting shops.
Most of the restaurants in The Landing have lakeside views and Morimoto Asia is housed within the Springs Bottling Company building.
The Landing is situated on the waterfront between West Side and the Marketplace on the site of the former Pleasure Island.
Entertainment at The Landing
There are just a couple of entertainment venues at The Landing:
- Paradiso 37 — the Paradiso 37 offers live music from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Ragland Road — on the outdoor terrace you can enjoy Irish singing and dancing every night from 8:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- The BOATHOUSE Dream Boats — take a leisurely cruise around the lagoon in an Amphicar, an open top four seater amphibious car dating back to the 1960s.
The BOATHOUSE Water Tours
The BOATHOUSE offers water tours in vintage boats and a fleet of nine Amphicars.
The Amphicars were first built in Germany in the 1960s and are able to drive on the road like any other car but they can also drive on the water like a boat at speeds of up to 7 mph. The tour on Lake Buena Vista takes around 20 minutes and costs $125 for up to 3 passengers.
You can also take a ride in the Venezia, a 40 foot authentic wooden Italian Water Taxi, the Lady Rose, an antique steamboat. The price of a cruise of the Venezia is $75 per person and includes chocolate-covered strawberries, a champagne toast and live music.
Dining at The Landing
A number of new table service restaurants serving lunch and dinner have been built as part of the development of The Landing:
- STK Orlando (opened early 2016) — a modern signature steakhouse split over two levels plus a lounge with a DJ and rooftop dining.
- Paradiso 37, Taste the Americas — a blend of North, Central and South American cuisine in a waterfront setting, split over two levels with both indoor and outdoor terrace dining. As well as food from 37 countries, there are also 37 varieties of Tequila on offer and an international rum bar.
- Morimoto Asia — Pan-Asian cuisine created by chef Masaharu Morimoto. Upstairs is a sushi bar and lounge.
- Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant — enjoy Celtic favourites like shepherd’s pie, bangers and mash and fish and chips washed down by traditional Irish, European and American beers. Brunch is available on Saturdays and Sundays.
- The BOATHOUSE — a restaurant with three distinctive bars and two private dining rooms. Offers signature dining serving Florida style surf and turf plus sandwiches and burgers. A number of water rides operate from alongside The BOATHOUSE (see Entertainment above).
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria — serves fresh seafood, wood-fired pizzas, pastas and steaks cooked the Italian way. There is both a dining room and waterfront patio.
- Paddlefish — themed as a paddle-steamer, the former Fulton’s Crab House has re-opened with a modern yacht styled interior, rooftop lounge and waterfront bar. The menu focuses on fresh seafood as well as steaks and chops.
Reservations are recommended at all the table service restaurants. Note that many of the entertainment venues also offer both food and drinks.
Amongst the counter service and kiosk offerings at The Landing are Cookes of Dublin, Downtown Snow Company, Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC, Tea Traders Café by Joffrey’s and Vivoli Il Gelato.
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar
A new Indiana Jones themed waterfront lounge and bar, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar, opened in 2015 between Paradiso 37 and The BOATHOUSE.
It offers both indoor and outdoor seating including a dry-docked boat called Reggie, named after Jock’s pet snake. Both the limited food menu and the drinks and many cocktails are inspired by places visited by Indiana Jones in the films.
The whole building is heavily aviation themed around the back story of Jock Lindsey, who played a pilot in the Indiana Jones films, set in the 1930s. The bar is crammed with artefacts collected on his travels.
Shopping at The Landing
The Landing has a small group of shops mostly opposite Paradiso 37 including Art of Shaving, Sanuk, The Ganachery, Sound Lion, APEX by Sunglass Hut, Erwin Pearl, Shop for Ireland, Chapel Hats, Set the Bar, Sublime Gifts and Finds, Havaianas, Eyecatchers.
Some of the entertainment venues and restaurants also have gift shops.