Frommer’s are part of the Wiley publishing group. As well as Frommer’s, Wiley also publish the popular Unofficial Guide book series, the "For Dummies" books and the Pauline Frommer’s Guide books.
The Frommer’s Guide books cover destinations throughout the world. For Florida they have two regional guides and a number of guides focussing on Walt Disney World. The main guide books are updated annually.
Below is a list of the all the Florida related Frommer’s Guides. Click the links to read our own book reviews:
- Frommer’s Florida covers all of Florida and is published annually, usually around August/September
- Frommer’s Florida with Your Family is a family orientated guide to all of Florida
- Frommer’s South Florida includes Miami and the Keys and is published every other year, usually around August/September
- Frommer's Miami & The Keys Day By Day provides a personal guide to Miami and the Florida Keys with customised tours and suggestions
- Frommer’s Walt Disney World covers all of the Walt Disney World Resort as well as the other main theme parks in Central Florida including SeaWorld and Universal Studios. It is also published annually, usually around August/September
- Frommer’s Walt Disney World with Kids also covers all of the Walt Disney World Resort as well as the other main theme parks in Central Florida including SeaWorld and Universal Studios with the emphasis on kids
- Frommer’s Irreverent Guide to Walt Disney World takes a light hearted look at Walt Disney World but has not been updated for a few years
- Frommer’s Florida from $70 a Day is especially for the budget conscious but has also not been updated for a few years
There are also two pocket sized guides but they have not been updated for 10 years; Frommer’s Portable Miami and Frommer’s Portable Tampa and St. Petersburg.
If you are not bothered about having the very latest edition, you can often pick up a bargain by buying the previous year's edition.
Like some other publishers, Frommer's now offer free updates to their guide books via their website so when new attractions open and prices change, they can provide the latest information.
If you are thinking about a Caribbean cruise, then there is also Frommer’s Caribbean Ports of Call.
If you are looking for an "official" Walt Disney World guide book then you should consider the Birnbaum guide books, alternatively, there are also various books from Fodor (Fodor's Gold Guides) and PassPorter plus many others.