At Epcot, the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival and Flower Power concerts are in full swing. At SeaWorld their Just for Kids Festival comes to a close and the next music festival, Viva La Musica kicks off on April 26.
This year, Universal's Mardi Gras concerts continue right through until early June.
College Spring Break continues through until April but the annual baseball Spring Training season has ended for another year.
For air show fans, note that The Valkaria Air Fest has had to be rescheduled because of runway work at Valkaria airport. The Air Fest will now take place on October 25 and 26 instead of the original dates of March 29 and 30.
For more information, check out our full list of Florida air shows.
Because of a fire in one of the Eastern range radar units, several launches from the Kennedy Space Center have been pushed back into April. See a full list of upcoming launches.
Also at the Kennedy Space Center, note that the Up-Close Launchpad Tour ended on March 31, 2014, though the other tours continue.
Noticeable artists, shows and sporting events on tour in Florida during April include:
- Stars on Ice
- Bruce Springsteen
- Disney On Ice: Rockin' Ever After
- Jimmy Buffett & The Coral Reefer Band
- Paul Anka
- Gladys Knight
- Boz Scaggs
- Lana Del Rey
- Dierks Bentley
- Darius Rucker
- Jersey Boys
Looking further ahead, into May/June there are a number of concerts, shows and sporting events including:
- Lady Gaga
- Cirque du Soleil - Michael Jackson The Immortal
- Disney On Ice: Let's Celebrate!
- Big Guava Festival featuring Outkast
- Romeo Santos
- Pat Benetar
- Gipsy Kings
- Chicago - The Band
- The Wanted
- Jack Johnson
- Willie Nelson & Alison Krauss
- Styx & Foreigner
View a comprehensive list of upcoming Florida concerts.
April should see some welcome warmth coming to Florida with above average temperatures, particularly in the south of the state and average rainfall.
In the North around Pensacola and Jacksonville, it will be a mixture of sunshine and clouds with the occasional shower like last month. There is a chance of the odd thunderstorm. Daytime temperatures will be between the mid 60s and mid 80s. Overnight temperatures will be in the low 50s to mid 60s. Again the Atlantic coast will remain warmer throughout.
Across the Central region, the weather is warmer with more sunshine but still the odd thunderstorm. Daytime temperatures will be in the high 70s to low 90s with low 60s to low 70s overnight.
Down in Miami and the Keys, the forecast is similar to the Central region but with a lot more sunshine particularly in the Keys. Temperatures will be in the low 80s to low 90s during the day and mid 60s to high 70s overnight.
Check out the rest of the weather for all of Florida including a live weather map, monthly temperature and rainfall charts across the State and the latest hurricane news.
The list of books published in April includes a new vacation guide aimed at families staying in Miami and a fascinating book behind the vision and design of Walt Disney World.
April Book List
- Miami for Families: A Vacation Guide for Parents and Kids by Laura Albritton
- The Revolution Is for the Children: The Politics of Childhood in Havana and Miami, 1959-1962 by Anita Casavantes Bradford
- Mexico Beach by Al Cathey, Cathey Parker Hobbs
- Bitten: My Unexpected Love Affair with Florida by Andrew Furman
- Going Ape: Florida's Battles over Evolution in the Classroom by Brandon Haught
- Power and Paradise in Walt Disney's World by Cher Krause Knight
- Long Key: Flagler's Island Getaway for the Rich and Famous by Thomas Neil Knowles
- Doodle Florida: Create. Imagine. Draw Your Way Through the Sunshine State by Laura Krauss Melmed
- Outposts on the Gulf: Saint George Island and Apalachicola from Early Exploration to World W by William Warren Rogers
- A Concise Natural History of East and West Florida by Bernard Romans, Dr. Kathryn E. Holland Braund Ph.D.
- Classic Florida Style: The Houses of Taylor & Taylor by William Taylor, Phyllis Taylor, Beth Dunlop
- Florida Breweries by Gerard Walen
- New Histories of Pre-Columbian Florida by Neill J. Wallis, Asa R. Randall
- Highwaymen Artists: An Untold Truth by Robert Butler, Dr. Sheila R Munoz
- The Search For Old King's Road: The First Route Into Florida by William P Ryan
- Searching Sand and Surf: The Origins of Archaeology in Florida: The Origins of Archaeology in Florida by Rachel K. Wentz