The Marketplace is the oldest part of Disney Springs and has not changed much as part of the regeneration.
Marketplace is the go-to place for Disney goods and it is home to the world’s largest Disney character store.
If visiting the Marketplace, you can park in the Lime multi-story garage which gives direct access from Town Center. The Grapefruit Garage across the street offers an alternative if the Lime Garage is full.
Entertainment at Marketplace
There are only a couple of entertainment venues at the Marketplace:
- DJ Kids Dance Party at Waterside Stage — evening dance party for kids at the Waterside Stage. During the day there are often concerts by local school bands and orchestras
- Marketplace Carousel — a 16 horse Venetian carousel decorated with scenes from Disney Springs. Cost is $2 per child and those under 42 inches must be accompanied by an adult (free admission)
- Marketplace Train Express — a small children’s train ride
- The VOID: Hyper-Reality Experience experience which opened in December 2017
At Christmas you will find Santa Claus and his helpers at the Marketplace as well as the Christmas Tree Trail.
Dining at Marketplace
There are a couple of table service restaurants serving lunch and dinner at the Marketplace:
- T-REX — a dinosaur themed restaurant serving American cuisine surrounded by animatronic dinosaurs split into several separate themed rooms.
- Rainforest Café — a rain forest themed restaurant with animatronic cheetahs, gorillas and a tropical rainstorm. Also houses the Lava Lounge overlooking the lagoon
Both T-REX and Rainforest Café are operated by Landry’s restaurants. Both appeal strongly to families with kids with all the animatronics and special effects.
Reservations are recommended at all the table service restaurants.
Amongst the quick service and kiosk offerings at the Marketplace are the 4R Cantina Baracoa Food Truck, Earl of Sandwich, Marketplace Snacks, Wolfgang Puck Express, Joffrey’s Handcrafted Smoothies, AristoCrepes, B.B. Wolf’s Sausage Co., Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop, Goofy’s Candy Co., Sunshine Churros, The Spice & Tea Exchange, Starbucks and Dockside Margaritas.
Shopping at Marketplace
Marketplace offers some of the best Disney shopping opportunities including:
- The LEGO Store — an amazing range of LEGO models and a fantastic display of Disney characters. Great photo opportunities with the LEGO models.
- World of Disney Store — the largest Disney character store in the world with gifts, clothing, jewellery, household goods, toys and much more.
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique — a beauty salon for little girls and boys (aged 3 to 12). Turn your loved one into a fairy princess or heroic knight. Prices for girls start at $59.95 plus tax.
- Marketplace Co-Op — a selection of specialist boutique stores selling new and unique Disney gifts including Bowes Signature Candles, D-Tech on Demand, Twenty Eight & Main, Disney Centerpiece, Disney Tails, Wonderground Gallery and Cherry Tree Lane
- Once Upon a Toy — the largest selection of toys and games in all of Walt Disney World
- Disney’s Pin Traders — the premier Disney pin trading location where you can buy or trade pins with other guests and cast members. Also sells MagicBands.
- Lefty’s - The Left Hand Store — Disney branded goods especially for left-handed people.
- Disney’s Days of Christmas — a Disney store dedicated to Christmas.
- The Art of Disney — buy limited edition and original Disney artwork and figurines.
- Disney Design-A-Tee — design you own tee shirt from over 400 images plus your own words and have it printed right there and then.
Note that the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique has moved from inside the World of Disney Store to a new location next door to Once Upon a Toy.
Other shops include Face Painting Kiosk by Enjoy Your Face, Happy Hound Kiosk, Initial Rings Cart, Silhouette Portraits Cart, Tren-D, Build-A-Dino by Build-A-Bear Workshop and Dino Store at T-REX, Star Wars Trading Post, Basin, The Art Corner by Artist Talent Group, Crystal Arts by Arribas Brothers, Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories, Mickey’s Pantry, Rainforest Café Retail Village and Ron Jon Surf Shop.
At the Disney PhotoPass® Service Studio you can have professional photos taken with a choice of backdrops and props.