Another firm favourite, the typical American diner complete with the counter and stools. Many Denny's restaurants are open 24 hours a day and you can order one of their famous breakfasts like the Original Grand Slam® at any time of the day, not just in the morning.
The Denny's menu features a wide variety of appetisers, hamburgers, sandwiches, salads, chicken, steak and seafood entrees as well as desserts. They offer low-carb and low-fat menu choices for the health conscious and if you are over 55 there are special 'senior' selections. There is also a children's menu for the under 10s.
Denny's offers free refills on coffee, tea, soft drinks and lemonade so you can have an extra cup without having to pay any more.
Denny's started out in 1953 under the name of Dannys Donuts in Lakewood, California. In 1954 the menu was expanded to include sandwiches and other entrees and was renamed as Danny's Coffee Shops. By 1959 there were 20 coffee shops and the name was changed again to Denny's restaurants.
Today Denny's is the biggest full-service family restaurant chain in the United States with over 1,600 restaurants nationwide (over 500 owned and operated by the company and over 1,000 operated under franchise). There are 100s of Denny's restaurants in Florida, below is a list of the Denny's restaurant locations in the immediate Orlando/Kissimmee area:
- 3700 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32839 - between 36th and 37th Street
Tel: (407) 246-1399
- 12083 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32837 - south of Central Florida Parkway
Tel: (407) 850-4119
- 3350 West Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32808 - west of North John Young Parkway
Tel: (407) 293-1791
- 3162 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32803 - by the Orlando Fashion Square Mall
Tel: (407) 898-8096
- 11915 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32826 - just east of North Alafaya Trail
Tel: (407) 381-0379
- 5825 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 - junction of South Kirkman Road, near I4
Tel: (407) 351-1581
- 9880 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 - by the Orange County Convention Center, North Building
Tel: (407) 351-5127
- 3957 South Kirkman Rd, Orlando, FL 32811 - just south of Ib McCleod Road
Tel: (407) 522-0122
- 7631 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34747 - just west of Black Lake Lane
Tel: (407) 239-4198
- 5855 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34746 - just east of junction with International Drive South
Tel: (407) 396-1511
- 5051 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34746 - east of North Poinciana Boulevard
Tel: (407) 390-8188
- 2509 West Vine Street, Kissimmee, FL 34741 - east of the Osceola Square Mall
Tel: (407) 846-8664
- 2051 East Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34744 - east of Magical Landings Boulevard
Tel: (407) 846-7523