Buying Florida Go City Cards
By James | Last updated August 23, 2023
This page may contain compensated affiliate links. Please read the Disclaimer for more information
Smart Destinations has been operating for over 15 years now and offer discounts on around 30 attraction tickets in 17 different cities (mostly in the USA) including Orlando and Miami (and the surrounding areas). You can save up to 50% on the regular admission prices of destinations like Gatorland, the Kennedy Space Center, LEGOLAND Florida, Zoo Miami and many other attractions in Central and Southern Florida.
Unlike normal attraction ticket agents selling individual tickets, Smart Destinations offer three different types of ticket deal. Which you choose depends upon whether you wish to visit these attractions over a couple of days, whether there are very specific attractions you wish to see or whether you want to customise the selection entirely:
- an “All Inclusive Pass” where for a fixed price you get unlimited access to all of the included attractions for a specified number of days over a 14 day period
- an “Explorer Pass” where you can visit several of the top attractions for up to 60 days from first use
- a “Build Your Own Pass” which is a customised combination ticket where you choose from a list of different attractions and is priced according to your selection, typically at least 20% off normal gate prices. Valid for 30 days from your first attraction visit
Go City Card Useful Information
The Go City Card All-Inclusive Passes are ideal for the visitor who wants to see as much as possible without having to decide in advance which attractions to visit, whereas the Explorer Passes are more suitable for the visitor who has a specific desire to see certain attractions. The Build Your Own Passes are just that, you choose exactly which attractions you wish to visit.
Children aged 3 to 12 may purchase a child pass. Most (but not all) attractions do not charge for children under 3.
With the Go City Card All-Inclusive Passes, the more days you buy the bigger the savings. Every ticket also comes with a number of discounts off other attractions, local restaurants and shops plus a free guidebook.
With most attractions you can revisit them if you have days left on your card but a few limit you to only one visit. The guidebook that comes with the card gives more details.
All passes are delivered digitally and you can either print them out or use them directly from your smart phone using the free Go City Card app.
With most attractions you can simply present your pass at the gate without the need to go to a ticket window but you should check the individual “getting in” instructions in the guidebook for each attraction.
All types of ticket come with a 90 day risk-free return and are valid for two years from the date of purchase. You can return any unused passes up to 30 days from the date of original purchase and get a full refund so if your travel plans unexpectedly change, you do not lose out.
Like all other attraction tickets they are non-transferrable.
Go City Card Range of Attractions
A lot of the Go City Card attractions could be considered “half day or less” attractions so with careful planning you can visit more than one in a day. For example you could go to Wonderworks in the morning, take an airboat ride after lunch and still have time for an evening game of adventure golf or spend a few hours at Fun Spot America Theme Park.
As well as the more usual theme parks and animal parks/zoos there are also a number of cruises, museums, dinner shows and bus tours on offer, ideal if you do not have a car or would prefer not to drive.
All Florida Go City Card Pass Options
As well as passes that are specific to Orlando and Miami, there used to be an All Florida pass but it is no longer being sold.
Bear in mind that the two city passes also include attractions that are a bit further afield so you will find a few South Florida attractions in the Orlando passes and Central Florida attractions in the Miami passes.
The various Florida options are (click the links for more details and prices):
- Go Orlando All-Inclusive Pass — gives you two, three or five days access to around 30 attractions in the Central Florida area plus a few a bit further afield
- Go Orlando Explorer Pass — select three to six attractions from 16 top attractions
- Go Orlando Build Your Own Pass — choose as many attractions as you want from a list of over 30 attractions
- Go Miami All-Inclusive Pass — gives you one, two, three or five days access to around 30 attractions in the Miami area (including the Keys) plus a few in Central Florida
- Go Miami & The Keys Explorer Pass — select three to five attractions from nearly 30 top attractions including a tour of Key West
- Go Miami Build Your Own Pass — choose as many attractions as you want from a list of over 40 attractions
- Go All Florida Build Your Own Pass — choose from around 25 top Florida attractions in Central and Southern Florida – NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Whilst there is no additional charge for admittance to the attractions with any Go City Card, some attractions do make a car parking charge.