Smart Destinations has been operating for over 10 years now and offer discounts on attraction tickets to a number of US cities including Orlando and Miami (and the surrounding areas). You can save up to 50% on the regular admission prices of destinations like Gatorland, the Kennedy Space Center, Zoo Miami and around 80 other attractions in Florida.
Unlike normal attraction ticket agents selling individual tickets, Smart Destinations offer two different types of ticket deal:
- a “Go Card” where for a fixed price you get unlimited access to a number of attractions for a specified number of days (they do not have to be consecutive) or
- a “Select Pass” which is a customised combination ticket where you choose from a list of different attractions and is priced according to your selection.
The Go Cards are ideal for the visitor who wants to see as much as possible without having to decide in advance whereas the Select Passes are more suitable for the visitor who has a specific desire to see certain attractions.
With the Go Cards, the more days you buy the bigger the savings and you get an added bonus if you buy the 3, 5 or 7 day ticket. Every ticket also comes with a number of discounts off other attractions, local restaurants and shops plus a free guide book.
Both types of ticket also come with a 365 day risk-free return. You can return any unused passes up to 365 days from the date of original purchase and get a full refund so if your travel plans unexpectedly change, you do not lose out.
A lot of the Go Card destinations could be considered “half day or less” attractions so with careful planning you can visit more than one in a day. For example you could go to Ripley’s Believe It Or Not, take an airboat ride and still have time for an evening game of adventure golf or spend a few hours at Fun Spot Action Park.
As well as the more usual theme parks and animal parks/zoos there are also a number of cruises, museums, dinner shows and bus tours on offer, ideal if you do not have a car or would prefer not to drive.
Note that the Orlando Go Card does not include access to some of the major theme parks offered with the Go Select Orlando Pass but both Go Cards for Orlando now include SeaWorld, Legoland Florida and the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
Florida Go Card and Select Pass Options
The four Florida options are (click the links for more details and prices):
- Go Orlando Card - gives you between three and seven days access to around 50 attractions in the Central Florida area plus a few a bit further afield
- Go Select Orlando Pass - select from around 30 attractions including the major theme parks like Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens
- Go Miami Card - gives you between one and seven days access to around 35 attractions in the Miami area plus a few in Central Florida
- Go Select Miami Pass - select from around 20 attractions including a tour of Key West
All Go Cards and Select Passes come with a “No-risk” return policy which basically means you can get a refund on any unused passes for up to one year from the date of purchase.