As well as all the local community celebrations, most of the major theme parks like Walt Disney World, SeaWorld, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens Africa and Cypress Gardens, stage big events to celebrate the more important seasonal festivities.
Walt Disney World have now ended their Year of a Million Dreams and replaced it with their "Celebration Vacations" promotion where you can get free admission to the Walt Disney World Resort on your birthday.
No matter when you vacation in Florida, there is a good chance one of the major celebrations or events will take place whilst you are there
Most of these take place during the evenings and there is often a separate admission charge but parks are decorated for the occasion with special attractions, light shows and fireworks.
These can also be some of the busiest times of the year in the theme parks with the parks often closing early when they reach capacity.
Most of the main theme parks also run a series of live music concerts, particularly in the early months of the year. Here you will be able to enjoy some of the top names in rock, country and gospel music.
In most cases the concerts are included in the regular price of admission but you can sometimes buy a VIP ticket to guarantee a place at the concert. Regular concerts throughout the year include:
- Real Music Concerts at Busch Gardens (January through March)
- Spring Concert Series at Silver Springs (January through March)
- Mardi Gras Concerts at Universal Studios (February through April)
- Bands, Brew & BBQ at both SeaWorld and Busch Gardens (February)
- Viva La Musica at both SeaWorld and Busch Gardens (March)
- Epcot Flower Power Concert Series at Disney's Epcot (March to May)
Bok Historic Tower and Gardens also have daily carillon concerts (at 1 pm and 3 pm) but on special occasions, they have other music concerts as well.