Future World at Epcot
As you enter Epcot through the main entrance, Spaceship Earth dominates your view, straight ahead.
From Spaceship Earth, a series of futuristic looking pavilions fan out around the Future World with wide walkways, gleaming, glass structures, beautiful gardens and fountains. The monorail completes an inner circuit around the pavillions and beyond lies the World Showcase with the various country sponsored exhibits.
Future World is designed to both educate and inspire and shows glimpses of the future, Disney-style
Each Future World pavilion is sponsored by a major American corporation and they showcase discovery and science in health, energy, transportation, communications, agriculture and the oceans whilst at the same time, entertaining you:
- directly inside the entrance is Leave a Legacy where you can have an image of yourself displayed (subscriptions now closed)
- behind that it the signature Spaceship Earth and then
- in the centre is the semi-circular East and West Innoventions
- to the left is the Universe of Energy then
- Wonders of Life (only open seasonally)
- Mission: SPACE and
- Test Track
- to the right is The Living Seas then
- The Land featuring the new Soarin' ride and finally
Because Future World contains all the major rides like Mission: SPACE, Test Track and Soarin', and the World Showcase doesn't usually open until 11 am, Future World tends to get busy during the first couple of hours each day.
Once the World Showcase opens, then the crowds start to thin out a bit.
There are a few restaurants in Future World but if you are planning on eating in one of the international restaurants in the World Showcase, then you should make a reservation as soon as you enter Future World, if you haven't already done so in advance.
Guest Relations is situated on the east (left) side of Spaceship Earth as you enter the park.